Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Death of Ruslana Korshunova

I saw the some shocking news on television the other day.

Ruslana Korshunova is one of the most beautiful models I have ever seen. Originally from Kazakhstan and known for he long hair in green eyes, was a model used by many top designers. Tragically, she died on June 28, at 2:30 in the afternoon, right here in New York City, and she was only 20 years old.

Even more sad was the way Ruslana Korshunova died- she jumped from her 9th floor apartment. She was on the top of her game right now, a highly successful model, named "the next big thing" by Vogue.

There was this big contrversey on whether it was a suicide or a murder though. No one saw her jump; they only saw a body fall. She was highly successful, and her closest friends thought that she showed absolutely no signs of being depressed. She had just come from a fashion gig in Paris, and her friends said she was absolutely happy. Her boyfriend, who dropped her off after a date to the movies, was the last person to see her.

However, there were no signs of a struggle inside her apartment. The door was bolted so no one had broken in. There were "depressing messages/qoutes" on her myspace or whatnot (personally I think those qoutes prove nothing- eveyone puts up a kind of sad qoute every once in a while- I know I have in the past).

Either way, I feel really bad that she died so young.

She was absoutely stunning; this is a tribute to a beautiful girl who lived a short life.










Thanks for reading
-New York Chique

18 comments:

Adele said...

she really is beautiful... why haven't i heard about this? its terrible. maybe inside she was depressed, uno the people who dont let out there emotions you know? anyway great post.x

Richel said...

she is definitely a talent to be missed. I can't believe she was so young!

Times of Glory said...

Seriously, she is so beautiful! It's just so sad. Your post is such a great and sweet tribute to her xx

Fashion Tidbits said...

it was indeed very sad to hear about her on the news.

Sinead said...

That's so terrible.
She's gorgeous.

AusAnna said...

That is so terrible. Life is so precious. It make you realise.
RIP. x

Steph said...

omg. I didn't know! wow. She was so beautiful. I've always seen her face and thought she had such a gorgeous face. Well, sometimes I guess you just don't know what's going on with a person inside.

Tinsley said...

this was so sad. any news of young person that takes their life is heartbreaking.

Michelle said...

She was extrodinarly beautiful, I was very sad when I read her story.

Britt said...

It really is sad. She was so extremely beautiful and talented. She will be greatly missed in the fashion world.

..... said...

she was so nice !!!! what a waste !!

Hannah Bee said...

She is so gorgeous. That is too bad.

Pamcasso said...

beautiful tribute. So tragic, I'm sad for her family and friends.

Unknown said...

This is so sad.You're the only blogger I know that covered this story.She's beautfiul,ah,she had a wonderous career in front of her.

R.I.P Ruslana

starbrained said...

i was so sad when i heard about her death on the news! she had so much talent and she was really young and now its all over. : (

Unknown said...

She's so gorgeous. I'm sorry I didn't have time to read that long article, but is this the one that "fell" from her apartment? I see sadness in her eyes tho from the pictures. Anyway..question...will you add my blog on your link list? I met you on TeenVogue remember? http://morenarena.blogspot.com/

Feed back is greatly appreciated!!

emsie said...

this is a really tragic story.



yes, of course we can exchange links

qwkjdn said...

That's so sad, she was absolutely beautiful.